Backward Weddings at Bishop’s Castle on Holly’s hot wedding tips
For the 4th of July weekend my husband and I went camping. Our journey took us all the way to Bishop’s Castle in Rye Co. Rising up in the San Isabel National Forest is the artistic Bishop’s Castle. We stopped in and I had the pleasure of talking to Phoebe Bishop about wedding ceremonies at the castle.
The most unique wedding Phoebe remembers at Bishop’s castle was a backward western wedding. I looked up backward weddings and the order for this is to do the pictures to be first, the reception or party to be second, and the ceremony to be last. For the Phoebe’s western wedding the guests and wedding party all dressed in authentic western wear, then, they did everything in reverse. At the conclusion they jumped on their horses and rode off.
Phoebe’s Castle tips:
- Wedding ceremonies are welcome at Bishop’s Castle
- The castle is open to the public so be aware you will have extra audience for your vows.
- You are responsible for your own set up and tear down.
- You are welcome to set up the morning of your event. Ask Phoebe for some of her excellent decorating ideas. She has decades of experience with weddings at her castle.
- You are welcome to set up the night before, but it is recommended to have someone spend the night with it to watch over it.
- You will need to rent your own seating.
- You will need to order an additional portable restrooms if you have more than 25 guests
- No receptions.
To plan your castle ceremony you can contact Bishop’s castle at (719) 485-3040 http://www.bishopcastle.org/ and ask for Phoebe to plan your enchanted wedding experience.
For more dance tips, join my email
or for personal wedding dance instruction, coaching or adult dance classes and lessons in Littleton located South of Denver, North of Highlands Ranch, West of Cherry Hills & Greenwood Village, East of Ken Caryl contact:
WEDDING DANCE instruction
Holly’s hot wedding tips,
Historically Accurate Princess Dances,
Winner of the Knot best wedding dance,
Champion Ballroom Dancer & Coach
Adventures in Dance