Experience A lifetime of … Adventures in dance
From dances dating back to the middle ages (with historically accurate princess dances) to the latest and greatest moves from Dancing with the stars, you can have fun learning to dance now and forever with cheerful learners.
Adventures in Dance offers instruction in several dance styles at our studio.
- We offer dance samplers (an introduction to different dances on two Fridays)
- group dance classes in one style for 8 weeks. Tuesday swing dances, Wednesday Latin dance, Thursday Ballroom dances
- We also offer dance aerobic classes on Monday’s
- dance events and parties.
Come Dance With Us – Partner Not Required!
Dance Style Information
Each dance has a unique style, characteristic and history. The following is a list of dance styles that we teach with a link to information about that dance style.
International Style Standard
International Style Latin
American Style Rhythm
- Country 2 step
- Cowboy Cha-cha
Classic and Traditional Dances
- Holly Jolly Christmas
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Bunny Hop
- When You’re an Addams Line Dance
- How to Dance Rita’s Waltz a Country Western Line dance
Timeline of Dance History:
Antiquity: 700 BC – 500 AD
- How to Dance Like A Hobbit
- Greek dance with Hercules (1200 BC)
- Chinese Dragon Dance with Mulan (500 AD)
Medieval Princess dances: 5-1450 AD
- How to Dance the Saltarello with Princess Guinevere and King Arthur (400 AD)
- Robin Hood and Maid Marion improved Bransle de original Toss a Wench Carol Dance
- Robin Hood How to toss the Duchess simpler version with no kicks (1194 AD)
- How to Dance Strip the Willow or Drops of Brandy with Merida from Brave (900-1066?AD)
- How to Dance Greensleeves Medieval Court dance for Sleeping Beauty (1300-1400 AD)
- How to dance Greensleeves Medieval Country dance for Maleficent (1300-1400 AD)
- How to dance the Turkish Brawl for the Hunchback of Notre Dame (1482)
- How to Dance the Renaissance Galliard with Snow White (1500-1550 AD)
- Pocahontas II- Elizabethan court dance Pavane, La Volta (1607)
Baroque period Dances 1600-1750 “age of the Minuet”
- How to Pirate Dance ( Pirates of the Caribbean 1720-1750 AD)
- How to dance the Minuet for Beauty and the Beast 1770’s?
Romantic period (1770-1850)
- Rapunzel (1795-1820’s)
- How to Dance Frozen Reinlender from Norway- cartoon princess dance. (1780?)-1820 AD
- How to Dance the Bohemian Polka for Frozen (1820-1830)
- Cinderella 1860
- Little Mermaid Sailor Jig (1890’s)
- How to make a swimming mermaid tail
- How to make a Swimming Ursula Sea witch
Edwardian Princess dances 1901-1910 AD
- Peter Pan (1850-1904 AD)
Prohibition Princess Dances: 1910-1940 AD
- Princess and the Frog
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Youth Dance Classes
- Our Ballroom and Latin dance class for youth. Youth Squad
If you are interested in learning a specific dance and are not sure whether we teach it or not, please feel free to contact us at (720) 276-0562.