I like to explore and am not happy letting the grass grow under my feet. Having said that, I have made a point of going out periodically to see what is available for dancing. My first preference is always for dancers to join us for our regular potluck parties. But when those are not available,
here is some of what I have found.
- Mid day dances at the Platt park Sr. recreation center Wednesday s from 1-3pm $5 per person http://www.westword.com/locations/platt-park-senior-recreation-center-1343058/ to the swinging sounds of Tom Yook. Mostly for over 50, but they did not turn 14 yr old Robyn away at the door, and were even bold enough to take her for a spin. This was a fun mid day tea dance with a lovely dessert break at 2:15 followed by a mixer. Great place for couples and singles.
- Monthly Friday night dances at the Arvada Elks to the sweet sounds of music DJ’d by Brett Paxton. $10 per person with drawings and a cash bar. Lovely group and a good place for couples & singles to swing in.
- Merle’s Restaurant has live music Friday and Saturday nights. They will even push the tables aside to let you cut a rug. Best with a partner http://www.merlesoflittleton.com/
- Q’s Pub & grill Littleton has big name bands and you can bump and Grind or spot dance on the packed and jamming floor. This is a crowed club good for singles and couples. http://www.clubzone.com/c/12318/la-rumba-denver
- A long drive but a lovely destination, visit the Broadmoor. They have 2 clubs catering to dining and dancing. Not a lot of singles, but a very romantic evening out for couples.
WEDDING DANCE instruction
Holly’s hot wedding tips,
Historically Accurate Princess Dances,
Winner of the Knot best wedding dance,
Winner of top 50 Dance Blogs
Champion Ballroom Dancer & Coach
Adventures in Dance