5 dress trends, 3 Gown tips, & Apple orchard weddings
with Brilliant Bridal on Holly’s Hot Wedding Tips
Every girl dreams about her wedding gown. From playing dress up in lacy flowy dresses to drawing pictures of them. Dress shopping for your wedding is the most exciting dress up a lady can do.
I traveled to Denver to meet with Malea from Brilliant Bridal to find out more about picking your perfect wedding gown. Malea has always loved wedding gowns, from sketching them in her homework margins to getting excited with brides about finding their dream dress. Brilliant Bridal is all over stock and discontinued dresses, so brides get amazing designer gowns brand new at a really reasonable price.
Wedding gown tips:
- Do be open– don’t tell yourself, “I have to try on only this style.” Wedding gowns fit totally different than regular clothes. So be open to letting your stylist help you find the right dress and be open to the idea that it might be different than you expected.
- Don’t take too many people with you to your wedding dress appointment. Too many opinions can overwhelm and frustrate you.
- Know your budget. Be up front with you stylist, say- “This is what’s comfortable for me.” Then we can pull you the right things for you and keep within your budget.
The hottest trends in Wedding gown for 2015:
- Lace! It is classic, it’s traditional, it’s something you mom wore your grandmother wore, and you get to wear it too. Lace it has been updated and its modern and beautiful.
- Flowy romantic dresses! Look for a lot of tulle and things that can move really beautifully.
- Great neck lines! Not everything is strapless anymore. You are going to see straps, illusion neck lines, and a little sleeve. You get a lot more options.
- Not just white. We have Ivories, and champagnes, and blushes, and grays, and blues. Your options are more open on colors.
- Hottest selling color– a darker ivory. It compliments more skin tones.
Unique wedding Ideas:
- Design your own gown. I had a bride who took the bottom of one dress, the middle of another dress, and a top of one dress and combined it into her own custom gown. She then designed all the custom wedding pieces around her gown. It all started with the dress and did not look like anybody else’s wedding.
While I was talking with Malea she told me about an amazing wedding in an apple orchard. Here are some tips for an
intimate wedding in an apple orchard.
- Set up your tables and chairs all the way down in one long table all the way down the length of the apple orchard. So when people came in it was one long table and was just really beautiful and special. It felt more intimate because everyone was at one table.
- Include bobbing for apples,
- Use jars of apple Jelly as table #’s
- Carmel apple wedding Favors
- Apples separating the tiers of the cake.
- Serve apple cider
Best wedding tip:
Don’t forget this is about a whole marriage. We’re not just talking about one day. It’s a lifetime together so just keep that perspective when planning your wedding.
Thank you so much Malea from Brilliant Bridal. You can contact her Brilliant Bridal 326 S. Broadway Denver, CO 80209 720-420-0858 https://www.brilliantbridal.com/
For more dance tips, join my email
or for personal wedding dance instruction, coaching or adult dance classes and lessons in Littleton located South of Denver, North of Highlands Ranch, West of Cherry Hills & Greenwood Village, East of Ken Caryl,
WEDDING DANCE instruction
Holly’s hot wedding tips,
Historically Accurate Princess Dances,
Winner of the Knot best wedding dance,
Champion Ballroom Dancer & Coach
Adventures in Dance
(Holly à) Good morning Malea! I’m so happy to have you here on Holly’s hot wedding tips and here at your beautiful bridal shop. (Malea à) Thank you! (Holly à) So first question is that I’m gonna drop on you is what inspired you to open a dress store? (Malea à) I have always loved wedding gowns, I used to sit in class and sketch them and I’m not a designer and I will never be a designer that is above me. But, I’ve always wanted to do it and when I was trying on my gown I went to a couple of stores and I felt like people working with me weren’t excited for me and I was like, “I’m getting married! Somebody be excited!” And I was like, well I could be excited for people, so I’ve been in the wedding industry for years and years and years. I just recently opened brilliant bridal, what I love about brilliant bridal is the concept. So, we’re all over stalk and discontinued dresses and the great thing about that is I can sell them at a discount because I get them at a discount. So brides get designer gowns, perfect gowns, brand new but at a really good price. (Holly à) Awesome and one of a kind right? (Malea à) Yes, and there’s only one dress in the store so you’re gonna be the only one in Colorado that’s gonna take that dress and wear it, so that’s pretty special too. (Holly à) Sweet. That’s really good. So what’s the most valuable tip you have for a bride and groom getting married? Seeing as you’re in the wedding industry. (Maleaà) I think one of the most valuable tips I can leave with brides and grooms is, don’t forget this is about a whole marriage. We’re not just talking about one day. It’s a lifetime together so just keep that perspective when planning your wedding because it can be really overwhelming really fast and there are so many decisions to be made but if you remember the end goal is to be married at the end of it, then it makes it all a little bit easier. (Holly à) Awesome, what tips do you have for brides picking their wedding gown. (Maleaà) On their wedding gown. Lots of tips. Be open, don’t tell yourself I have to try on only this style because wedding gowns fit totally different than regular clothes. So be open to letting your stylist help you find the right dress and be open to the idea that it might be different than you expected. Don’t take too many people with you to your appointment. Too many opinions can be really overwhelming really quickly. And I would say kind of have an idea of where you want to be price point and be really open with you stylist say, “This is what’s comfortable for me.” So we can pull you the right things and keep within the budget. (Holly à) Awesome. Those are great tips. What is the most unique wedding you’ve ever done? (Maleaà) I had a bride who took the bottom of one dress, the middle of another dress, and a top of one dress and combined it into her own custom piece gown and then had it for her wedding. Which ended up being incredibly custom and unique and different but it all started with the dress. It all started with her really focusing on what she wanted and knew that what she wanted wasn’t in one piece it was going to be a lot so then that spilled over into everything for her wedding and had a really custom wedding that nothing looked like anybody else’s wedding. (Hollyà) That is exciting, how neat. What is the most romantic wedding you have ever done? (Maleaà) you know there are so many romantic weddings you have gotten to be a part of but have to say one of my favorites was in an apple orchard. (Hollyà) Apple Orchard how fun. (Maleaà) Yeah, and the bride and groom set up their tables and chairs all the way down in one long table for 250 people all the way down the length of the apple orchard (Hollyà) WOW! (Maleaà) so when people came in it was one long table and was just really beautiful and special and even though there were so many people, it felt a little bit more intimate because we were all at one table. It was really fun. (Hollyà) Wow how fun was that. (Maleaà) Delightful. (Hollyà) So what are the hottest trends in dresses? (Maleaà) the hottest trends in dresses for 2015 Lace is a big trend it is classic it’s traditional it’s something you mom wore your grandmother wore, and you get to wear it too. But it has been updated its modern it’s beautiful, and I would say another trend in bridal right now is a lot of romance and flowy dresses. (Hollyà) Great, flowy how fun. (Maleaà) a lot of tulle and thing that can move really beautifully. So those are great trends right now. (Hollyà) Great. (Maleaà) another trend is not doing just white. We have Ivories, and champagnes, and blushes, and grays, and blues, and so your options are more open on colors (Hollyà) So, you have different colors, Wow! Which is the hottest selling color? (Maleaà) Oh, like, a darker ivory, most people can’t where White it’s too harsh. (Hollyà) Good option, Right. (Maleaà) And another is great neck lines so not everything is strapless anymore. (Hollyà) Good. (Maleaà) you are going to see straps, you are going to see illusion neck lines, you are going to see a little sleeve, so you get a lot more options up front to. (Hollyà) Awesome great trends. (Maleaà) Thank you.