Choosing a song for that special first dance can be a struggle for any wedding couple. There can be too many options or too many ideas. Should it be fast? Slow? Should it be fun? Serious? Should the dance be specific?
The dance can be whatever you want! It can be fast or slow. You can do more than one song and dance style. Some couples choose to do a mash-up and go crazy.
At Adventures in Dance, we can mash songs up for your big day, but some couples have a special song. We can also help these couples find the right dance style for their special song. After this year’s hectic wedding season, we have found the most popular first dance songs used in the studio.
Top 15 First Dance Songs
- All of Me – John Legend
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- Honey, I’m Good – Andy Grammer
- Into the Mystic – Van Morrison
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- I Don’t Dance – Lee Brice
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- She’s My Kind of Rain- Tim McGraw
- Me and You – Kenney Chesney
- Everything – Michael Bublé
- Who I Am With You – Chris Young
- God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
- You are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Earned It – The Weeknd
Check out the complete First dance song list
The first dance is important to the wedding but not the only dance you have to prepare for. The brides will also have to choose a song to dance with their fathers as well. If you and your daddy-dearest don’t already have a song this can also be a tough decision.
Should it be cute? Meaningful? Fun? Or all of these in some way? Finding the best father-daughter dance song will make that special moment even more memorable. Here are the top five father-daughter dance songs for this year in the studio.
- Little Miss Sunshine – Jimmy Buffet
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Daughter – Loudon Wainwright III
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
Check out the complete Father-Daughter dance song list https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXyla-uGDc_dAu8tURR8XKJ04BHNYmK9sGNZlgxOy-2XBYQWiuK-zRVvC8eBY8hWGStGP-I2AUE8NOpswtO8WRrCq6oEpkw==
Another dance to consider for the big day will be for the groom and the first woman in his life, his mother. There may already be a special song for the mother-son dance but if you are short on ideas, here are the top five from the studio this year.
- Your Song – Elton John
- Fly Me to the Moon – Frank Sinatra
- Do I Make You Proud – Taylor Hicks
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – James Taylor
Check out the complete Mother-Son dance song list
Written by: Amelia Martinez for
WEDDING DANCE instruction
Holly’s hot wedding tips,
Historically Accurate Princess Dances,
Winner of the Knot best wedding dance,
Champion Ballroom Dancer & Coach
Adventures in Dance