Historic & Traditional Dances
Dances from distant times and places. Learn more about the German Polka, the Dickens Victorian Queen’s Waltz, the Edwardian Turkey Trot, and the Great Gatsby Charleston from the 1920’s. Click the links to learn more about traditional dances below.
- History of Ballroom Dances part 1 Antiquity to Baroque Periods Read More
Ballroom Dance Day one day dance camp inspired this article. I used material I had researched for the historically accurate princess dances (here).
- History of Ballroom Dance part 2 Regency Era through the Victorian Era. Read More
This is part 2 of the lecture from the Day of Dance in Denver Colorado.
- Polka – Read More
- Queen’s Waltz English Country Dance, a traditional Victorian Dance – Read More
- Fezziwig’s Sir Roger De Coverley- Read More
- Victorian Dances of Fezziwig’s Ball Read More
- Turkey Trot – Read More
- Hook-The Apache Tango with Princess Tiger Lily (1890) – (1904) Learn More
- Mary Poppins– Maxie dance how to (1910)- Learn More
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Truly Scrumptious (1911) Bunny Hug How to – Learn More
- Miss Fischer Valentino Tango Learn More
- Princess and the Frog Tiana’s French Tango How To Learn More
- How to Great Gatsby Charleston Read More
- How to 1920’s Charleston – Read More
- Peter Cottontail’s 50’s Bunny Hop line dance –Learn More
- American Graffiti 1950’s Stroll Mixer – Learn more
- Minnie Mouse Rockabilly Stroll- Learn More
- West Side Story Chalypso – Learn More
- 50’s dances Hot Rod Rock & Rumble Learn More
- Cruella DeVille- Doin the Dog (1960″s) – Learn More
- Individual Instruction in traditional dances- New Student Special!